Thursday, November 14, 2013

2013.11.14

It was fine today.
On Thursday I go to learn tea ceremony.  From today we started using ro (炉), hearth set in the tatami mat floor instead of furo (風炉), brazier on the tatami mat floor.  It's been quite a long time since I practiced with ro last time.  But my body remembered how to do.  The sweet was my favorite, inoko mochi (亥の子餅), wild boar cub rice cake.  It is made of chestnut & red bean paste covered with rice cake with sesame.  Rice cake with sesame looks like cub of wild boar.  Wild boars have many cubs.  Therefore this sweet was made with the wish of having babies, which means happiness and prosperity.  They had been eaten on the day of wild boar in November.  Today is not a day of wild boar but as a sweet of November inoko mochi is offered at tea ceremony. 

2 comments:

  1. Great article. I take japanese course skype at http://preply.com/en/japanese-by-skype so I can relate a little. thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment.
    I am sorry I have not noticed it by now.
    You're very welcome.

    ReplyDelete