Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014.11.15

It was very fine today.

I got up very early to catch 5:05 am train to get to Seibu Chichibu by 9 am. I saw many stars when I left home.

There were two destinations on the Seibu train which my friend and I got on from Ikebukuro.  Unfortunately we took the wrong car, and we had to walk to get to the meeting point at Seibu Chichibu station. Chichibu railway doesn't accept Pasmo which is a kind of prepaid card with commuting ticket. Therefore I had to pay by cash for the fare.

This was the fourth day of my Chichibu 34 temples pilgrim visiting.  From No. 31 to 34 are located far away from each other, and it is impossible for me to walk in a limited period. So I chose to take a tour to visit No.31,32, 33, and 34 by bus.
There were 85 people joined this tour, and there were two buses.
I sat in the center of the back seat of the bus No.2. There were five seats there and all were women.  Besides my friend and I, we were all strangers at first in the morning but we talked our own experiences and became friends in the afternoon.  Two of them completed visiting 34 temples today. Two others started visiting today.
The tour was very good and reasonable. It was supposed to finish around 15:20 but since today is the last Saturday before closing this special opening the door event there were so many people here and there.  We heard it took more than two hours to get a stamp called goshuin(御朱印) at the last temple No . 34.  Therefore it finished around 17:30. I wished to visit one more temple today but I could not.

No.31 has 296 steps before getting and it was rather hard , but it has a nice view.
The leaves at  No. 32 were turned to red and yellow and they were so beautiful.

There was an incredible long line at the No.34 to get the stamp as we heard  because it is the last one and it means your dreams would be granted.

I enjoyed this tour very much.

I left there at 18:00 and came home at 22:00.

I hope to finish all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment